Summer means longer days, snow cones and sandals. It also means you’ll have to find a way to handle the heat and still look your best. Check out our 21 secrets to summer style while surviving summer weather.
21 Secrets to Summer Style
- Compete with the heat by wearing loose-fitting pants. For a night out dress them up with heels and a metallic clutch. For a casual day around town, rock them with flats and a jean jacket tank.
- Although this material sounds more appropriate for fall and winter, leather is showing up in all sorts of styles this season. Grab a pair of leather shorts this summer for an edgy look.
- Whether it’s a beautiful bouquet of floral or some nautical stripes, pretty prints and patterns are summer’s top option for wearing a feminine frock.
- Bright whites look stunning on a sunny day, so swap out your black blazer for one in white. This classic staple is a summer winner!
- The woven straw bag is no longer reserved for days at the beach. It’s seen in summer day-to-day fashion, and its neutral color makes it go with almost everything.
- Can’t find a nail polish that screams summer? Try a coral-infused lacquer to spice up your nails this season.
- Don’t jump ship when it comes to all things nautical this season. A great way to navigate this trend is with a striped top or handbag.
- Large-rimmed hats are perfect summer accessories because they keep you stylish and cool. If you’re not looking to build a hat collection, stick with a tan floppy hat because it looks great with practically anything.
- Whether it’s round, cat eye, oversize or aviator, try a bold sunglass shape you’ve never tried before this summer.
- Speaking of sunglasses, mirrored sunglasses are definitely on trend this summer and they make for great Instagram pictures! #nofilter
- White lace tops are versatile and they can keep you cool on a hot day. You can dress one up with a skirt and heels, or dress it down with denim shorts and sandals.
- Find a brightly colored bag to pair with your summer wardrobe. The bright hues will infuse a bit of summer into your outfit.
- Another great way to add color to your look is with translucentand neon-colored like coral, pink, yellow and orange.
- When looking to accessorize your outfit this summer, turn to beaded jewelry. Beaded jewelry is reminiscent of the beach (and they look beautiful!).
- To stay cool this summer wear material with natural fibers like cotton and silk. These fabrics are much more breathable than anything synthetic.
- Just like last summer, tribal inspirations are huge this summer. Test it out with beautiful tribal-inspired accessories and jewelry.
- A maxi dress is a great summer ensemble because its design keeps you cool and you can get them in so many styles and colors.
- Scarves aren’t just for fall and winter. Carry one in a pretty pattern or color, so you can effortlessly wear it as a headband, a shawl or even as a chic turban.
- Embrace the slip dress this summer as your go-to article of clothing for going out. It’s sexy, but not clingy, which makes it perfect for hot nights.
Last, but not least, a great way to defeat the heat in style this summer is by checking out our Soak Up the Savings sale going on from June 22 to June 24!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?