Summer means longer days, snow cones and sandals. It also means you’ll have to find a way to handle the heat and still look your best. Check out our 21 secrets to summer style while surviving summer weather.
21 Secrets to Summer Style
- Compete with the heat by wearing loose-fitting pants. For a night out dress them up with heels and a metallic clutch. For a casual day around town, rock them with flats and a jean jacket tank.
- Although this material sounds more appropriate for fall and winter, leather is showing up in all sorts of styles this season. Grab a pair of leather shorts this summer for an edgy look.
- Whether it’s a beautiful bouquet of floral or some nautical stripes, pretty prints and patterns are summer’s top option for wearing a feminine frock.
- Bright whites look stunning on a sunny day, so swap out your black blazer for one in white. This classic staple is a summer winner!
- The woven straw bag is no longer reserved for days at the beach. It’s seen in summer day-to-day fashion, and its neutral color makes it go with almost everything.
- Can’t find a nail polish that screams summer? Try a coral-infused lacquer to spice up your nails this season.
- Don’t jump ship when it comes to all things nautical this season. A great way to navigate this trend is with a striped top or handbag.
- Large-rimmed hats are perfect summer accessories because they keep you stylish and cool. If you’re not looking to build a hat collection, stick with a tan floppy hat because it looks great with practically anything.
- Whether it’s round, cat eye, oversize or aviator, try a bold sunglass shape you’ve never tried before this summer.
- Speaking of sunglasses, mirrored sunglasses are definitely on trend this summer and they make for great Instagram pictures! #nofilter
- White lace tops are versatile and they can keep you cool on a hot day. You can dress one up with a skirt and heels, or dress it down with denim shorts and sandals.
- Find a brightly colored bag to pair with your summer wardrobe. The bright hues will infuse a bit of summer into your outfit.
- Another great way to add color to your look is with translucentand neon-colored like coral, pink, yellow and orange.
- When looking to accessorize your outfit this summer, turn to beaded jewelry. Beaded jewelry is reminiscent of the beach (and they look beautiful!).
- To stay cool this summer wear material with natural fibers like cotton and silk. These fabrics are much more breathable than anything synthetic.
- Just like last summer, tribal inspirations are huge this summer. Test it out with beautiful tribal-inspired accessories and jewelry.
- A maxi dress is a great summer ensemble because its design keeps you cool and you can get them in so many styles and colors.
- Scarves aren’t just for fall and winter. Carry one in a pretty pattern or color, so you can effortlessly wear it as a headband, a shawl or even as a chic turban.
- Embrace the slip dress this summer as your go-to article of clothing for going out. It’s sexy, but not clingy, which makes it perfect for hot nights.
Last, but not least, a great way to defeat the heat in style this summer is by checking out our Soak Up the Savings sale going on from June 22 to June 24!