Choosing a Sapphire Ring
A stunning sapphire ring makes the perfect gift. Whether it’s a solitaire ring showcasing their September birthstone, an engagement ring, or simply a “just because” present, a carefully considered sapphire ring is a great way for delivering joy no matter the time of the year. Consider these tips and guidelines when selecting your special ring.
How do I choose a sapphire?
While you can never go wrong with a traditional blue sapphire ring, there are a wealth of sapphire gems from which to choose. Sapphires that aren’t blue are known as fancy sapphires. Sapphires are a variety of the mineral corundum and come in practically every color imaginable, except for red. Red corundum is ruby.
As with any colored gemstone, the overall color of the gem is the most important factor when making your choice. Blue sapphires are most prized when they occur in even, heavenly hues. But with the variety of fancy sapphires available, it’s important to understand the unique qualities of each type. Overall, any sapphire gemstone should display even and vibrant color throughout the stone.
Shop LC offers an exciting range of traditional and fancy sapphire gemstones.
- Chocolate Sapphire: Exhibiting warm cocoa shades, chocolate sapphire adds a sweet touch you can sink your teeth into.
- Kanchanaburi Sapphire: The dark inky blue of Kanchanaburi blue sapphire is a captivating pool of splendor for sapphire lovers.
- Masoala Sapphire: Masoala sapphire will hypnotize with its heavenly blue hues.
- Mauve Sapphire: With a subtle and pale purple hue, mauve sapphire silently seduces the senses.
- Niassa Pink Sapphire: Niassa pink sapphire is a dazzling and vibrant precious gemstone known for its exquisite color.
- Purple Sapphire: Velvety shades envelop purple sapphire, pleasing the eye with cool, luxurious tones of color.
- Silver Sapphire: With a luminous, silvery sheen, natural silver sapphire provides a quiet, brilliant light with understated elegance.
- Sunset Sapphire: Like its namesake, sunset sapphire burns with the beautiful intensity of a dusky sky.
- Thai Blue Star Sapphire: Thai blue star sapphire is a variety of sapphire that displays a six-pointed star pattern radiating from the inky depths of the stone.
- Yellow Sapphire: Sparkling like the sun, yellow sapphire lights up with happy yellow hues.
- Burmese Sapphire: Treasured for its royal blue hue, Burmese sapphire is considered to be one of the most premium sapphire gemstones.
- Ceylon Sapphire: Depicting a cloudless summer sky in shades of cornflower, Ceylon sapphire displays excellent clarity.
- Madagascar Purple Sapphire: Erroneously named “Oriental amethyst” during the 19th century, this delightful gemstone is a symbol of class and affluence.
- Madagascar Pink Sapphire: A dazzling and vibrant gemstone known for its exquisite and delicate warm pink to a violet-tinged pink color.
- Montana Sapphire: Montana sapphires are primarily known for their attractive blue and pastel colors. The lovely gemstone displays a medium blue hue to a teal, blue-green, or green color.
It’s common for genuine gems to have inclusions, and sapphires are no exception. While fewer inclusions are typically preferred, they can also sometimes improve a gem’s desirability. This is particularly the case of Thai blue star sapphire. The rutile inclusions of this gem grant the stone a silky visual texture, and the rutile inclusions also create the spectacular star effect! These clarity characteristics let you know that a gemstone is genuine, as imitation or lab-created sapphires will never possess the same unique features of real sapphire gems.
Though sapphires are available in a wide variety of shapes, rounds and ovals remain the most popular. Cabochons are required for star sapphires to display their asterism or star-effect. Sapphire gems can vary quite a bit in size, becoming increasingly rare as they get larger. It’s very uncommon to find sapphires above five carats, and the largest stones often command a significantly higher price. There’s a large selection of loose sapphire gemstones from which to choose with Shop LC.
What setting is good for a sapphire ring?
Fortunately, sapphires are one of the hardest minerals in the world. And with the low-cost affordability of Shop LC, it’s easy to get your very own. In the world of gems, many stones favor particular cuts or settings that help protect the gemstone’s integrity. Luckily, sapphire rings provide many options! Ranking nine on the Mohs scale of hardness, corundum defines this high level of scratch resistance. Coupled with an excellent durability sapphire rings are one of the best options around for jewelry you’ll want to wear daily. But what does this mean when choosing a setting?
When it comes to choosing, or designing a sapphire ring, there are really no limitations to consider! No matter how a stone is displayed, it should handle the rigors of wear pretty easily, thanks to its durability. As always, standard jewelry care is recommended to keep this treasure clean and sparkling.
Choosing metal for a sapphire ring
After selecting a beautiful gemstone, the second most noticeable quality of a jewelry piece is the metal choice. Besides the metal’s color, it’s also worth considering the qualities individual metals bring to your ring selection. Some options will be better for daily wear while others might be more appropriate for occasional use.
Consider your options for metals:
- Gold: Rings crafted from brilliant yellow gold or stunning white gold offer one of the most luxurious looks available in sapphire rings. Both are great choices when selecting a blue sapphire ring, and is a better choice for sentimental gifts or sapphire engagement rings.
- Sterling Silver: Silver sapphire rings offer a classy precious metal choice at a more affordable cost. Through our unique vendor partnerships, you’ll find sterling silver jewelry with a daily low cost that’s tough to beat. Often enhanced with a platinum or 14k gold finish, it’s one of the most popular choices with Shop LC customers! Learn more about affordable sterling silver jewelry.
- Stainless Steel: Hard wearing and durable, stainless steel is a great option for anyone wishing for a resilient ring that stands up to punishment. Ion plated finishes let you choose looks to suit your style, and the low price makes it easy to stock up!
- Bonded or Plated: The most affordable option doesn’t mean you’re skimping on style! Plated base metal jewelry makes it easy to try out new looks without big commitments. As occasional wear pieces, these sapphire rings will remain enjoyable much longer than expected.
Rise of Colored Gemstone Engagement Rings
Engagement rings hold great significance in one’s life. These are the symbol of an eternal bond, a celebration of love and togetherness, and the promise of a lifetime. Engagement rings are meant to be special and splendid.
With a new experiment in choices, people are taking a break from generic white diamond rings and turning toward more colorful options. The world of gemstones is full of color. The heavenly and alluring appeal of rubies, emeralds, sapphires, topaz and more is hard to miss. Most couples these days go for classic engagement rings with contemporary twists in designs, patterns, and gemstones. As each gemstone has a specific meaning and lore, it’s interesting to wear or gift a ring with the wearer’s birthstone or favorable stone. Vibrant and versatile colored gemstones are not only cost-effective but also fashionable and experimental in design.
SAPPHIRE: THE MOST DESIRABLE COLORED GEMSTONE?
Across the range of colored gems, sapphires frequently top favorites lists. Whether it’s an engagement ring, a ring for your mother or just for yourself, sapphire has an amazing ability to fit perfectly for any purpose or occasion. One of the most treasured gemstones from centuries past, sapphire comes in many varieties, colors, and properties. Found in colors like pink, purple, cocoa, silver, dusky orange and even yellow, blue ones are the most valuable and popular. With an amazing hardness and durability, the gemstone is synonymous to royalty and regal allure.
A trendy alternative to diamond engagement rings, sapphire rings turn out to be among the most outstanding, with heirloom quality.
Explore our wide range of sapphire rings today. Featuring genuine and lab created sapphire gemstones, it’s an excellent introduction to the exciting and fun options that sapphire provides.
Shop LC is the home of Lowest price guarantee. It’s our promise to you that you’ll find the best value with us, or we’ll make it right – and pay you for the privilege! Start shopping with confidence and security when you know you’re getting the best value around.