SYMBOLS OF THE ZODIAC
Since our earliest years, we hold the power of symbolism in high esteem. Whether it’s the beauty of a precious gem, or something more arcane, there is something precious about a symbol. Zodiac jewelry is one such potent symbol. Representing our birth sign, these symbols of the zodiac hold a special place in our hearts. What makes them so unique? Let us explore!
Seers, sages, and wise men and women have identified significant meaning with certain elements. These could be precious jewels, like our birthstones, or it can be something greater. A piece of zodiac jewelry is one such example. Whether you wear it for expressing your identity, or a greater purpose, it’s an excellent way to tell your story.
For example, during the time of the Roman Empire, wearing a talisman engraved with the figures of Serapis and Isis was the custom. Serapis represents time and Isis represents Earth. Engraving a person’s zodiac sign on other amulets was also popular. Many different stones were used, and more expensive stones indicated a higher class for the wearer. For believers, these zodiac necklaces offer protection to the wearer.
WHAT IS YOUR ZODIAC SIGN?
A person’s astrological sign reflects the location of the stars in the sky at the time of birth. Fans of these celestial phenomena say that your sign can reflect elements of your personality. There are 12 zodiac signs, and they run in a cycle. Beginning with the March equinox, the signs persist over the course of the year.
- Aries – March 21 to April 19
- Taurus – April 20 to May 20
- Gemini – May 21 to June 20
- Cancer – June 21 to July 22
- Leo – July 23 to August 22
- Virgo – August 23 to September 22
- Libra – September 23 to October 22
- Scorpio – October 23 to November 22
- Capricorn – December 22 to January 19
- Aquarius – January 20 to February 18
- Pisces – February 19 to March 20
ZODIAC SIGN NECKLACE
Zodiac jewelry takes many forms, but the most popular are zodiac necklaces. Often, these are a direct depiction of the star sign. However, they may also incorporate an associated birthstone.
Some may also feature engravings that reference the sign in question. A popular choice with gold zodiac jewelry are pendants that feature an inscription of the astrological sign, or some other motif that lends a nod to the constellation.
In fact, there is evidence showing that the image carved is more important than the material. Kunz wrote in The Curious Lore of Precious Stones, “The figures engraved on precious stones were supposed to have a greater or lesser degree of efficacy in themselves independent of the virtues peculiar to the stone on which they were engraved.”
“Certain images, those symbolizing the zodiacal signs for instance, were looked upon as possessing such power that their peculiar nature impressed itself even upon stones inherently of different quality.”
By the Middle Ages, the idea that deep power rooted itself in jewelry meant that zodiac necklaces and other objects were highly coveted.
A stylish and fun way to wear your sign is with zodiac rings. There are a couple of options with this zodiac jewelry style. The classic option is a piece featuring a representation of your star sign.
For a contemporary option, express your horoscope with script zodiac rings. It’s a playful and modern way to express this part of your personality! When it comes to gold zodiac jewelry, it is a top choice.
There is a lot of lore surrounding your fingers. Did you know that where you wear your ring can carry a special meaning? Here are some of the most popular interpretations.
- A ring worn on the middle finger is a symbol of balance and order. For those wishing for some celestial help, we can’t think of a better place for a horoscope ring!
- Wearing a ring on the thumb represents self-actualization and strength of will. It is a statement about taking control over one’s life.
- When wearing a ring on the ring finger, it is a sign of being in a relationship. However, it also represents creativity and beauty.
- Wearing a ring on the pinky means intelligence and communication.
- A ring worn on the index finger symbolizes leadership. If you are feeling ambitious, it is a great choice!
CHOOSING ZODIAC JEWELRY
Whatever your choice, choosing zodiac jewelry is a deeply personal choice. For many, it is a means for capturing the essence of the cosmos.
When selecting your own piece, it’s best to let your heart be your guide. With the number of options available, there really is something for everyone. There’s sure to be a piece that you connect with in a special way.
Discover the entire range of zodiac jewelry from Shop LC!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?